Quick note about the last blog: I should not have called Matt "compliant." That makes it sound like I run the household, which I don't. I get ideas, run them by him, and he happens to agree with most of them. I couldn't think of a better word, but I should have just explained it like that. Anyway...
The explanation of the first part of the new blog name should be self-explanatory, especially if you've been following this blog and noticed the sub-heading. Thinking over today's escapades and planning the blog, I realized I've had a few entries about the crazy stuff that seems to happen pretty often in my life. They're not always my fault, but the blame lies with me this time.
Peanut had a doctor's appointment this morning. I also needed to go to Wal-Mart to return some clothes that didn't fit. So I loaded Peanut up in my car, which I hardly get to drive anymore because I've got all three kids all day. I always take the van, so that's where my purse usually is. So I get to the doctor, and thinking about the insurance card, I realized that my purse is in the van. Crap. So I plan to run home and get it before I go to Wal-Mart. I even texted Matt and told him I'd be home again.
So I left the doctor's office and headed straight for Wal-Mart. Without going home first. I got there, got out of the car, and realized I forgot my purse just as I opened the door to get Peanut out. Crap. So I got back in the car and went home. It was late morning, and Matt was asleep. Sophia was up playing, and she told me she was hungry. I hadn't had much to eat that morning, so I was hungry too. I made us some lunch. I also realized that I had forgotten the bag with the clothes I needed to return (even though I put them right by Peanut's carseat by the door so I wouldn't forget them). So I grabbed that, loaded Peanut back up in the car, and drove to Wal-Mart. And realized I forgot my purse again. Crap. (Notice how often I'm using that word in this post? That won't be the last time.)
I drove back home, got the purse, and then drove back to Wal-Mart. I made sure to grab my purse before I got Peanut out of the car. I got a cart from a cart corral, put her inside, and walked into the store. And realized I had forgotten the bag with the clothes in the car. Crap. So after just having entered the store, I had to turn around and go back out (feeling pretty stupid because I made that mistake in public). I returned the clothes, picked up some batteries that Matt needed, and left.
I also had to go to a local natural foods store, which is right by a major highway, so as I walked out to the car, I thought about the best way to get there from where I was and which highway to take. And I took a wrong turn out of the Wal-Mart parking lot. Crap. From the time I left home the first time that morning to the time I returned home the final time should have taken about an hour and a half, maybe two hours at the most. I was gone from 9:20 a.m. until 12:45 p.m.
Thankfully, the rest of my day went well. Matt and Nathaniel had their own misadventure, when we couldn't find Nathaniel after his bus from summer school came to our local school to drop him off. Matt walking to the school but as he got close, he didn't see Nathaniel waiting. We thought he may have gone home with the neighbor boy like he has a couple times, so Matt called the boy's mom, who also hadn't seen him. Slight panic ensued. Turns out, the bus driver had told him to wait inside the bus, so Matt didn't see him as he approached. Lame on the bus driver's part, if you ask me, but you didn't, so I'll just say there was a big sigh of relief when we figured that out and found him.
But back to my day, the kids and I met my mom and Izzy at the park and had a nice afternoon. Got home, fed Peanut, and she fell asleep. Awesome, I needed a nap too. We laid down in bed together so I could nurse her back to sleep after she woke up from me taking her out of her carseat. Well, the shots really knocked her out, and she slept for three hours! Which meant I got a three hour rest too, since she nurses off and on when she sleeps and I'm kinda stuck. (Well, I choose to be, but she does need a long nap sometime during the day, and this is a good way to ensure she gets it.)
So, now you get the "misadventures."
I think my brain fell out of my head today. If you see it, please let me know. Thanks! :)
This sounds like something I would do! Ha! So where is this natural foods store? LE
ReplyDeleteTerry Naturally, it's just south of highway 172, off of Monroe Rd., which is what Lime Kiln Rd turns into south of 172. Heading south, turn right on Hoffman and right again on Development. Follow Development around to the left. It's on the right-hand side in a little strip. It's just before the dermatology clinic, so if you pass that you've gone too far. The place in that strip that will probably catch your eye is Cafe Naturally. It's big and right in the middle. Terry Naturally is connected and at the far end of the strip. I've been there twice now and really like it. Staff is super helpful and friendly. They have food but also quality supplements, an oil bar, bath stuff, etc. Mostly organic. I haven't taken a good look at the food though, mostly the other stuff.
Delete