Friday, June 22, 2012

Sweet Potato Success, and More.

She doesn't like bananas.  (Weirdo.)  She doesn't like avocadoes.  But sweet potatoes:



Took a taste all by herself!  I won't call it a bite, I don't think she actually got anything in there, but it's a start!  She also ate a couple pieces that I put in her mouth for her.  Yay!  Now I have to go to the grocery store and buy some more.  (By the way, this is my dad's old high chair.  Cool, huh?)

In other news, I took the kids to the library today for the first time.  The neighbor boy was over at our house when I decided I wanted to go, so I told him to run home and ask if he could come along but to tell his mom and dad that I would need a car seat for him.  He came back and said he could go, but his mom wasn't home and his dad "didn't know how to work those contraptions" so he'd need some help.  Then it started to rain.  HARD.  He lives behind us, so I told the older 3 to run over there and I'd load Peanut up in the van and drive over there.  So I got Peanut buckled in her carseat in the house, got her diaper bag together, and grabbed an umbrella.  Even with the umbrella, I got really wet getting to the van.  I put Peanut in, and realized I forgot her diaper bag in the house.  Grr.  So I ran back to the house and got it, getting even wetter, of course.  Got back out to the van, and I thought, Hey, I might want to put this in my blog.  I better get the camera.  So I ran back to the house again.  Finally ready to drive over, and now I'm soaked. 

I got there and his mom had just gotten home, and she got his booster seat.  (It doesn't even need to be installed; he just sits in it and uses the regular seatbelt.  Quite the complicated "contraption", I'd say.)  Since Nathaniel and Sophia's booster seats are in the way back, I told them to go out first.  We ran out to the van, and of course the door is locked because I left the van running and they lock automatically.  (Still pouring, of course.)  I had to run around the van to the driver's side to open my door and unlock the others.  I ran back and shooed them in and shut the door as fast as I could.  Then I went back to get Hanno.  He, his mom, and I ran out to the van again, opened the door, and Nathaniel and Sophia still weren't sitting down.  "What's going on???" I ask, not a little annoyed because I'm getting even wetter.  "The stroller's in the way!"  Crap.  The back seat is folded down and the stroller is on top.  I didn't even notice in my hurry to get them in.  Matt must have needed a little extra room for supplies he needed for the house (he's doing some work upstairs).  So I ran around behind, pulled the stroller down by the tailgate, and yanked the seat up.  Hanno's mom helps him buckle, and finally everyone's in and ready to go.  FINALLY.  I pulled out of the driveway, got about a quarter of a mile down the road, and Hanno announces, "I don't have any shoes on!"  AAARGH!  I drove around the block, pulled into the driveway, got out of the van... and it was only sprinkling.  Really?  Come on.  Grr.  Lovely timing, I must say.  Oh well.  We got there, read some books and got some to take home (on my library card; I'm not cool enough to sign them up for cards since I'm not the legal guardian).  And guess what?  After soaking myself further to go in and get the camera, I forgot to take pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment