Days 1 and 2 of November have made me very grateful for the star of Day 3: my husband.
It's been a rough month or two for me. Despite the fact that I don't have a "real job", I am stressed out daily. I've also been having what I think are meds issues, which just exacerbates the stress. Then yesterday was one of those days that comes straight from the pit of hell. I honestly don't know how much more of this I can take.
Enter my husband. He works long hours at two low-paying jobs so that I can stay home and raise our kids. Surprisingly (maybe, since I worked in a daycare for so long), I'm not a big fan of daycare for babies and toddlers. I am very, very glad that high-quality early childhood programs (like the one I had the privelege of working in) exist for the families that need them. However, I'm glad our family doesn't, that I can stay home so we can raise our kids ourselves. And not only does Matt work long hours, sometimes putting in a nine-hour shift just before going to work an eight-hour overnight at his other job, he helps me with the kids during the day, which is a huge bonus for everyone. He never makes me feel bad for not working outside the home, not always keeping up with the housework, or needing help during the day with the kids, even though I feel pretty lazy pretty often. And when days like yesterday come along, he lets me pour my heart out and just listens (even if it's only just listening to me cry), which is usually just what I need. He takes care of me. And he doesn't hold it against me when I gripe at him for getting too involved in Packers games. :)
I am so thankful for my husband. Thank you, God, for giving us to each other. I think it was an unlikely pairing to a lot of people, but he is exactly what I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment